Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Pinterest Challenge #3- Raspberry Lemonade Smoothies


Ok, I will start with I love raspberries and I love lemonade... so this was made just for me!

Here is the original pin





This is another pin that I used the idea... and then went a totally different direction!

To start... I didn't do any exact measuring, the measurements I put down are just guesses.  And then I changed all of the ingredients except the raspberries and ice.  I didn't have any lemonade concentrate, but I had something similar.  Since I didn't have lemonade, I really needed to add sugar to compensate.  And so, it ended up close... but not really!

Here are my ingredients:

Frozen Raspberries
(I used some leftovers from our family raspberry patch last year.  I froze all of the ones that I didn't need for jam.)

Ice
(Ok, I figured you know what ice looks like and it really didn't need a picture)
Frozen Lemon Juice
(I freeze mine in ice cube trays so that I can pull out a little when I need it, and they worked out just perfect for this recipe!)

Sugar and Water
(again, pictures seemed unnecessary, and I couldn't get one that I liked!)





For a single serving I put about 10 ice cubes, 3 lemon cubes, 1/4 cup frozen raspberries, 1/4 cup sugar, and just a tiny bit of water.  I did end up adding more sugar to mine, but my hubby loved it really tart.  Blend well and enjoy!


The sad part... I left the extra raspberries out on the counter overnight and so they thawed out.  I had to use them all right away, so no more smoothies until raspberries are back in season. Sad day indeed.

Heidi


1 comment:

  1. Oh that sounds like such a yummy drink for a hot summer day! It sounds delicious! Thanks for entering this too in the Project Pinterest Challenge. Good Luck!
    Jill
    twoyellowbirdsdecor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete